Brand new Dolphin Robot Stopping Constantly

Aug 30, 2013
Maryland
Hi All,

On the advice of many here, when my barely 3 year old Polaris Quattro Sport broke yet again this month, I called up Marina pools and ordered a new robotic Dolphin unit, specifically the M600. So far, it's really been a bad showing.

Power supply booted up, got the app installed, linked over Bluetooth, then linked over Wifi, then the Power Supply shut off and would never boot up again. Marina promptly sent a replacement, so that's great.

However, now with the replacement I have two issues. Firstly, the new unit will not find my Wifi networks (which are both 5Ghz and 2.4 Ghz broadcast on the same SSID). The old unit, in the same exact location, found the network first try and setup successfully. On this new unit, I have tried over a dozen times, rebooting it, rebooting all of my access points, to no avail.

But a bigger issue is, when I hit the power button the unit, the robot will start up (I think it performs a test at first?), then move around for about 2-10 minutes, then stop, and the power light on the unit will show a red ring. I can then hit the button, and it will restart, and then the same thing will happen. I have tried probably 50 times now, and have never seen it run more than ten minutes, which is giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Any ideas on either of these two issues? Thank you!

Hi All,

On the advice of many here, when my barely 3 year old Polaris Quattro Sport broke yet again this month, I called up Marina pools and ordered a new robotic Dolphin unit, specifically the M600. So far, it's really been a bad showing.

Power supply booted up, got the app installed, linked over Bluetooth, then linked over Wifi, then the Power Supply shut off and would never boot up again. Marina promptly sent a replacement, so that's great.

However, now with the replacement I have two issues. Firstly, the new unit will not find my Wifi networks (which are both 5Ghz and 2.4 Ghz broadcast on the same SSID). The old unit, in the same exact location, found the network first try and setup successfully. On this new unit, I have tried over a dozen times, rebooting it, rebooting all of my access points, to no avail.

But a bigger issue is, when I hit the power button the unit, the robot will start up (I think it performs a test at first?), then move around for about 2-10 minutes, then stop, and the power light on the unit will show a red ring. I can then hit the button, and it will restart, and then the same thing will happen. I have tried probably 50 times now, and have never seen it run more than ten minutes, which is giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Any ideas on either of these two issues? Thank you!
Once you receive the new power supply unit, please follow the steps below to ensure it is configured with your robot to avoid issues connecting to the app - there is no need to delete the app before performing the steps:
  1. Connect the new power supply unit to the robot and do not connect to the app.
  2. Let the robot work for 30 seconds in the pool The power supply needs this time to reconfigure its connection.
  3. Open the app, go to "Settings", go to “Robot Details” and then choose “Disconnect from this robot”.
  4. Please note that the new power supply does not come with a QR code. Please choose 'Search for your robot manually' on the Scan QR screen, choose your robot and connect.
  5. Enter “Settings”, go to “Wi-Fi Settings” and choose “Go Online”.
  6. Enter the Wi-fi network’s password and then tap “Continue”.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.