Brand new above ground question

Jul 19, 2017
LA
We just put up a 16x48 Intex ultra frame yesterday and it JUST finished filling up a little bit ago. My question is what can I do in the meantime while I wait for the fancy test kit to come in to keep it clean and under control? I have bleach and borax on hand at this moment. We live in a Podunk town and there is no store nearby with any kind of test kit that I could use in the meantime. I have the sandfilter running right now but should I just wait until the test kit comes in to add anything to it?

Welcome!

This is fresh water - so you need to add CYA and bleach.

Get CYA powder and put enough in a sock to add 30 ppm to your pool (use PoolMath). Hang the sock in front of a return or assign a young member of the house hold to sit in the pool and squeeze the sock to dissolve the powder.

Add enough 8.25% bleach RIGHT NOW to get 3 ppm of FC in the water (use PoolMath).

Get your numbers and post here. We can check them but regardless, get some bleach in that water!

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.