Brand new 1hp century motor tripping breaker

Poolbri06

In The Industry
Jun 19, 2021
SanDiego
Installed a brand new 1hp centurion century pump motor, turned the switch to 115, black wire to L1 white wire to L2 green to ground, bolted everything up filled pump with water closed lid turned pump on, it ran loudly for 1 to 2 seconds and tripped the breaker, installed new 15 amp breaker tried again and the same thing happened, I wired up the old motor that I was replacing due to noisy bearings and it did not trip the breaker.. checked the wires everything was connected nothing seemed loose or damaged, I’m stumped this pic is of the old motor, the new one is longer and has the switch to change from 230 to 115 instead of switching the brown/white wires thank you in advance for any help/suggestions

Attachments

• F2FB8933-F51D-4CBB-AFC9-4640F1BDCBE5.png
    F2FB8933-F51D-4CBB-AFC9-4640F1BDCBE5.png
    301 KB · Views: 15
Did you measure the voltage?

Do you have a picture of the new wiring?
No I took the new motor back out and was going to replace it in the morning, I will get both a pic and the voltage then, but I explained that I wired it up black to L1 white to L2 green to ground it runs for a second and pops the breaker, I put the old motor back on, and even though the bearings are bad, it does not pop the breaker

Installed a brand new 1hp centurion century pump motor, turned the switch to 115, black wire to L1 white wire to L2 green to ground, bolted everything up filled pump with water closed lid turned pump on, it ran loudly for 1 to 2 seconds and tripped the breaker, installed new 15 amp breaker tried again and the same thing happened, I wired up the old motor that I was replacing due to noisy bearings and it did not trip the breaker.. checked the wires everything was connected nothing seemed loose or damaged, I’m stumped this pic is of the old motor, the new one is longer and has the switch to change from 230 to 115 instead of switching the brown/white wires thank you in advance for any help/suggestions

Attachments

• E1CA8E8C-36BE-4426-BCB5-6B5EA65C7C8F.png
    E1CA8E8C-36BE-4426-BCB5-6B5EA65C7C8F.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.