Bought a pool, CYA > 200

rls

Apr 22, 2018
La Plata, MD
I’ve been reading this forum for a week now. I’ve ordered my test kit. I’m getting CYA > 200. I just drained the pool down to a foot in the shallow end. Refilling now. Worried about how many times I’ll have to do drain and refill. I want to use bleach for the pool. The previous owner obviously used a lot of stabilized chlorine.

CYA > 200

D7EAB115-3477-47E3-9506-DE97BA726BD1.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Glad you found us :)

So did you get your test kit or just order it? Please list it in your signature so we know what you are working with.

Hopefully you will get a reasonable CYA after this fill, but I would not be surprised if you had to do it once more.

I’ve been reading this forum for a week now. I’ve ordered my test kit. I’m getting CYA > 200. I just drained the pool down to a foot in the shallow end. Refilling now. Worried about how many times I’ll have to do drain and refill. I want to use bleach for the pool. The previous owner obviously used a lot of stabilized chlorine.
CYA > 200
{pic}
You're on the right track now! That is great looking pool!

I got the TF-100 and got 200 plus with the diluted test. Went to the pool store to ask them if they test CYA. They tested with a Taylor kit and confirmed it was over 100. I’ll post a new test when the pool is full.

FC 2.0
pH 6.5
TA 10
CH 25
CYA 200

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Diluted CYA 120. Does anyone know about draining into a sewer system on my house? When I drain it goes into the neighbors yard. Or reverse osmosis in Maryland?
I believe each city may or maynot have regulations about excess water into sewer system (you would need to google your local water/sewer office, possibly even they could arrange an "affordable" water delivery?), definitely try not to flood your neighbor =) RO would be pricey, but could be done as last resort.

Bought a pool, CYA > 200

Starting second fill now at 3am!
9c554956c820b80d0a2ab20fa84d85d5.jpg

0cddebdb815cb37ab91d366f88961eb4.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.