Boric Acid instead of borax & muriatic acid

I'm new and need some help. After reading your article on Boric Acid being easier to handle, I need to figure out how much to put in my pool and spa.
My PH on both pool(20,000 gal) and spa (??800 gal) is over 10....Got lots of scale in the spa but haven't been in the pool to touch the sides.
All levels (according to Taylor test kit,,.now 1 1/2 years old) show all other levels ok.
My pool is fiberglass and salt water. The salt level is at 3600. Pool is really clean and clear.
The spa looks clean except for the really scally buildup.
Muriatic Acid is scary & heavy to handle. Thanks for any help. Mary

Welcome to TFP!

Your pH isn’t over 10, for certain. Your pool test kit can’t test over 8.2 or 8.3.

First thing to do is to figure out what your pH really is. Is your pH test like the one on the left in this picture?

Mary,

Welcome to TFP!

Our experts are eager to help and they need a little more information. What are your current Taylor test results? Are you using one of the test kits recommended in Pool School or something else. The reason we ask is you can't test to pH level of 10 using the recommended kits? Any chance you are using test strips or pool store for this reading?

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.