Central NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I put boric acid in on Friday from Duda55lbs and 28k pool, FC was 7, TA 66, PH 7.4. It went in and I brushed it to I could not see anymore white granular clumps on the floor. It was similar to when I add salt with the cloud it kicked up.

I then left for a work trip retuning tonight. I looked at the pool and did not see any white powder. But did not have a chance to do anything with the pool when it was light out. I plan to brush the pool again tomorrow. A couple questions:

- Does Boric acid (granular) dissolve naturally if any had settled after I left?

- with what I did is there any chance I could have damaged the liner by not going back later and sweeping again? Or would the piles have had to sit.

This is the first time I ever added Boric Acid to a pool.

Thank you This forum is great.

That is strange. When I put mine in it dissolved instantly. Did you just put it all in at once in one location? I used a quart scoop, filled it and weighed it so I knew how much I put in. Broadcasted that quart across a large area, and it disappeared almost immediately. I wonder if the method made a difference.

Last post in this thread.

That is strange. When I put mine in it dissolved instantly. Did you just put it all in at once in one location? I used a quart scoop, filled it and weighed it so I knew how much I put in. Broadcasted that quart across a large area, and it disappeared almost immediately. I wonder if the method made a difference.
I used a scoop (extra one from chicken feeder) and put in 55 pounds. Most of it dissolved quickly.

I put in the deep end walking around the back edge.

Every time I have added Boric Acid I mix with pool water in 5 gallon pail let it set stirring every so often. Then I add at the return 16 to 24 ounces at a time and it basically dissolves instantly with pool pump on high 24 hrs later from where I started I check borates using Boric Testing Procedure by Joyful and thats it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.