Ullebov

Mar 28, 2021
Austin, tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Decided finally to test borax have 40ppm right now.

one unexpected issue can’t find answer in other thread, I’m not sure about Ph. After borax strips show low (<7), pool store and my monitor show high (>8) and real drip test shows in between ~7.8. I know everyone say use drip, for me as colorblind I rather do electronic then real test now and then when I get help doing it. These has all been spot on same before borax, but now something changed. Who to trust ;) Any explanation, did add lot of acid when adding borax around 4 gallons

Drop test is going to be the most accurate. Do you have someone in the household that is not color blind? That may help. Not sure what you mean by "my monitor."

Test strips should be trashed.

pH likely rose on trip to the pool store. I would not trust that.

Do you calibrate your pH meter with failry fresh pH 7 solution before every use? If you are using a properly calibrated pH meter then I would trust that.

I use my municipal tap water as a double check on my pH meter calibration. It has a consistent pH of 7.6.

Drop test is going to be the most accurate. Do you have someone in the household that is not color blind? That may help. Not sure what you mean by "my monitor."
Thanks. my monitor is Keto-ai has been spot on accurate for Ph. My wife helps me with test now and then so rather sure drip test was on. It’s odd that all was spot on, then after adding borax and adjusting Ph all are different still after 2 weeks something changed. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can't conclude that the test differences have anything to do with the borates.

No one else is reporting any issues.
Yes exactly why I’m asking, can’t find any posts that borax would give this behavior. Before borax all measured same Ph almost exact after all wierd. I will assume it’s just a coincidence as no indicator that’s it’s borax, and retest again (now just shock so need to wait a few days)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.