cargsl

Jul 13, 2022
Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool's fill water has very high TA (320+) and I've been considering adding Borates to the pool. Mostly for the water feel effects (silkiness, sparkles) since I use an automatic pH dispenser to keep pH at the right level.

Due to the fill water I can't get my TA lower than 100. Using MA I get pH to 7, but with new water constantly getting in the pool (due to evaporation and general splashing) it is pretty much impossible to get it to the lower end of the range as recommended on the Borates page. Can I disregard this and add the boric acid to the pool?

The recommendation of ta in the 60 range is 2 fold ,
*The lower the TA the slower the ph rise
For many, the act of lowering ta to 60-70 range greatly lowers ph rise
* After the addition of borates you will need more acid to lower ph by the same amount than before
Have u been following this?

Have u been following this?
I have, but due to evaporation my pool is constantly getting fresh water, which has a pretty high TA and so it is pretty hard to lower it and keep it low. I don't mind using a bit more of MA if I get the other benefits, I'm more concerned about causing problems since my TA cannot get that low.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.