Borate Drop test

I was wondering if this Drop test kit would be sufficient to do the Borate test in Pool?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Borate-Test-Kit-/282076111448
I have never purchased from EBAY nor do I want to. If this kit can be used, does anyone know as to where it may be purchased other then ebay. The test strips are just not cutting the mustard.

I was wondering if this Drop test kit would be sufficient to do the Borate test in Pool?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Borate-Test-Kit-/282076111448
I have never purchased from EBAY nor do I want to. If this kit can be used, does anyone know as to where it may be purchased other then ebay. The test strips are just not cutting the mustard.

In my signature is a link to the borate testing method many of us here use. It requires purchasing some additional chemicals (mannitol powder and BTB indicator) but also uses reagents from your Taylor kit.

You could always try that test kit and write a review here for it. I understand not wanting to buy stuff off eBay but the company seems to be reputable. The main difference I can see is that they are using a phenolphthalein indicator which is a pink-to-clear transition. The BTB indicator is a yellow-blue transition which could be easier to see that pink-clear. All depends....

In my signature is a link to the borate testing method many of us here use. It requires purchasing some additional chemicals (mannitol powder and BTB indicator) but also uses reagents from your Taylor kit.

You could always try that test kit and write a review here for it. I understand not wanting to buy stuff off eBay but the company seems to be reputable. The main difference I can see is that they are using a phenolphthalein indicator which is a pink-to-clear transition. The BTB indicator is a yellow-blue transition which could be easier to see that pink-clear. All depends....
This eBay kit calls it a "Borate Alkalinity" test kit. Is that correct?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.