Southlake, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a Polaris TR28P Pressure Cleaner with a Pentair PB4SQ Booster Pump.

1. What speed do you run your booster pump? I currently have it set at 2,400 RPM for my 32k gallon pool.
2. Do you enable the pump during freeze mode (with the cleaner disconnected)? My pump seems to freeze during periods of extreme cold, which isn't often (live in TX).

Thank you.

The booster pump only has 1 speed. Now you may run your Pentair VSF pump at various speeds based on requirements. I run mine at 2600 rpm when I run the pressure side cleaner with booster pump.

Yes you can set for your booster pump to turn on when freeze protection is active. remember that the VSF pump will run at the highest scheduled speed. So if you have your freeze protection set for 2000 rpm (example) but if the cleaner is also activated and kicks on and the pump is set for 2600rpm for cleaner, then the system will run at the highest speed when activated.

If you keep your pump running when it is freezing then it should not freeze unless there are very severe freezing temperatures for several straight days (ie. it really has to be well below freezing over a long period). If your pump stops (due to schedule or not set for freeze mode or loss of power) then you need to drain your pump to prevent freezing water inside of it.

The booster pump only has 1 speed. Now you may run your Pentair VSF pump at various speeds based on requirements. I run mine at 2600 rpm when I run the pressure side cleaner with booster pump.

Yes you can set for your booster pump to turn on when freeze protection is active. remember that the VSF pump will run at the highest scheduled speed. So if you have your freeze protection set for 2000 rpm (example) but if the cleaner is also activated and kicks on and the pump is set for 2600rpm for cleaner, then the system will run at the highest speed when activated.

If you keep your pump running when it is freezing then it should not freeze unless there are very severe freezing temperatures for several straight days (ie. it really has to be well below freezing over a long period). If your pump stops (due to schedule or not set for freeze mode or loss of power) then you need to drain your pump to prevent freezing water inside of it.
Thanks for the reply. It looks like I can adjust the RPM's for the cleaner in the app, but it sounds like that doesn't affect anything?

What automation system and app are we discussing? Nothing is listed in your signature.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I can adjust the RPM's for the cleaner in the app, but it sounds like that doesn't affect anything?
In Cleaner circuit - that is the speed of the VSF pump. When the schedule calls for the Cleaner, the VSF pump increases to the set speed and also powers on the booster pump. The booster pump is on or off and has only 1 speed. The booster pump will only come on if the VSF pump is also turned on. It is called a booster pump as it supplements the pressure directed down the cleaner line to the pool to power the cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.