Booster pump leaking

Ok guys I got the hose kit and installed it. It wasn't too bad of a project but I realized my primer/cement game is really bad.

I was going to tackle that second pipe but I'm not sure the end that goes to the pump is threaded... it looks like it's completely glued to the pump so I'm thinking about just waiting for this 9 year old pump to die and replace everything at that point.

Ok guys I got the hose kit and installed it. It wasn't too bad of a project but I realized my primer/cement game is really bad.

I was going to tackle that second pipe but I'm not sure the end that goes to the pump is threaded... it looks like it's completely glued to the pump so I'm thinking about just waiting for this 9 year old pump to die and replace everything at that point.
Can’t say I don’t disagree with your call. Sometimes it’s best to leave sleeping dogs lie, especially with a 9 year old pump. When it came from polaris it was threaded. They use a junky plastic threaded nipple. Sounds like at some point in time in its life, the galvanized pipe got ”welded” into the hole with assorted goo like substances to stop water from coming out of the improper plumbing job 😉. Glad you got sorted on the other end. 👍

A2E9BB2E-5503-4500-861B-19CB55DD2371.jpeg

Reactions: Dirk
Yah, LP is right. It was threaded, but who knows what's been done to it since. Hope it all works well for you. I got rid of my booster years ago and converted the plumbing so I could run a suction vac instead of my Polaris. So that's probably doable if you want to go that route. Cleaning is the same, but it's one less pump to run and repair. Very happy with that setup now. Others here just go for the robots, but I don't like those. Anywho, stop back in when you're ready to replace, and we can all weigh in on our own preferences for cleaners to help you decide which way to go.

Reactions: shulk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.