Bonding Question - above ground oval with buttresses

asreina

Apr 18, 2021
Long Island - New York
I have a 30 x15 oval above ground pool with buttresses. I am digging the trench for the bonding but am confused in regards to buttresses. Bonding calls for the #8 bare copper wire to be 18”-24” from the pool wall all the way around the pool. The buttresses extend further than that from the pool wall so my question is, do i run the wire in-between the buttress and pool wall in order to maintain the 18-24 inch distance from the pool wall? Do I run it 18”-24” outside the buttresses as to keep them within the grid even though this will extend far past the 18-24 inch distance from pool wall? Or do I do both, where go between buttresses and wall with the loop but also bug nut another loop of copper off that initial loop outside the buttresses? I drew a diagram incase I am not explaining well - note i didn’t include the pump and water bond in the diagram just to simplify the drawings

Attachments

• 980B1FDB-3AAD-42D3-A558-59BA3FC0F58F.jpeg
    980B1FDB-3AAD-42D3-A558-59BA3FC0F58F.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to TFP.

Did you need a permit for the pool? Will you have an electrical inspection? If so, ask the inspector. While we may have an opinion the inspector decides.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.