Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Preface: I've watched all the Mike Holt videos and have just been through his process to check my vinyl lined pool. We bought this house in the early fall, swam several times with no issues. The only reason I starting looking into bonding is that I noticed the previous pump was missing a bonding wire.

Here's what I've discovered from the tests:
1. Switch Box for Autocover with Metal Face Plate is NOT bonded - this is a simple fix
2. Metal Cover of Autocover Well is NOT bonded - this shouldn't be too hard to remedy
3. Side Tracks for Autocover are NOT bonded - I'm not sure how tough this will be to fix
4. Auto Cover Front Rail is NOT bonded - I have no idea how to bond this
5. Diving Board bolts are NOT bonded - I'm thinking I'll have to cut into the concrete to fix this

What is bonded: pump, handrails, rope mounts for the deep end divider, autocover motor/mechanics

What I'm not sure of: water bond. On the first round of tests, the water was above the ring rope mounts and the NEV voltage test showed the water was bonded. I drained enough water to test again and came up with confusing results:
Voltage Measurements:
Disconnect Box - .13
Pump Bonding Wire - .13
Rope Mounts - .12
Water - .10

I'm not sure whether the .02-.03 voltage gradient means the water is NOT bonded. I know it's bonded if the water is above the rope mounts, but I don't think they satisfy the 9 square inches requirement. I also don't know if there is any device bonding the water underground potentially at the drain or skimmer such as the Permacast PB-2008. Our handrails don't enter the water. We have a plastic ladder embedded in the side and handrails above the water.

Looking for help and advice to get this fixed.

Our water bond consisted of a 2" tee in the suction line with a 2" slip x 1" fip bushing and a perma cast pb 2008 screwed into that. You could easily add one into your return line while you fix the leak ;) then that gets connecting to your existing bonding wire are the pad.
Water Bonding Fitting, 1" MPT amazon asin B07K796VG1
The pb2008 provides 10 sq in of surface area
There is also one on listed on ebay for $13 sold by nps.

Reactions: nrobfd_pl
Our water bond consisted of a 2" tee in the suction line with a 2" slip x 1" fip bushing and a perma cast pb 2008 screwed into that. You could easily add one into your return line while you fix the leak ;) then that gets connecting to your existing bonding wire are the pad.
Water Bonding Fitting, 1" MPT amazon asin B07K796VG1
The pb2008 provides 10 sq in of surface area
There is also one on listed on ebay for $13 sold by nps.
I looked into that and have a pb2008 on hand. Seems like if it’s at the pad, the water is only bonded if the equipment is running.

Still trying to figure out if these results mean the water is not bonded.

I looked into that and have a pb2008 on hand. Seems like if it’s at the pad, the water is only bonded if the equipment is running.

Still trying to figure out if these results mean the water is not bonded.
Water is always in the pipes (unless you have a leak) so it's always bonded. Also pretty sure that's why the tee is installed just below grade as even with a leak water in the pipe will equalize to pool level.

Water is always in the pipes (unless you have a leak) so it's always bonded. Also pretty sure that's why the tee is installed just below grade as even with a leak water in the pipe will equalize to pool level.
That makes sense. My pad is slightly above the pool. Was thinking of just digging and putting it in a tee at the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.