Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hey all,
I wanted to touch base and get some input. My pool is new and I am in a great dilemma as to where I should be placing the bonding lugs. There is no way, from I can tell, to remove the uprights and put a bolt in to attach the bonding lugs. I may be able to attach the lugs to the top of the uprights or some other part of the structure.
Does it matter if the bonding on the pool is done on the top or bottom? And yes, my wife knows I overthink everything.

Thanks!
Steve

I would guess it would depend on the material involved. If the top and bottom structure are metal and the uprights are some other material that may not be conductive I'd do both top and bottom.

If the uprights are metal and any other structure is non conductive I'd just do the bottom of the uprights.

The goal is for all conductive objects to be at the same electrical potential.

On our pool, the bottom of the upright has a decorative plastic "foot" cover attached with a single screw hidden under a small snap-in cover (just like the top) that you can remove. Just take it off, install your grounding lug to the metal upright with a bolt, lockwasher and nut. Then run your copper wire thru the lug, and tighten everything down real good. Replace the cover. Continue the wire all the way around the pool, attaching in at least three more places. Finally, continue the wire back to where you started and using another copper connector, hook the two ends together. Be sure to read and heed the link Skippy posted above to make certain all is done according to code. You are doing this for safety; no shortcuts allowed. :shock:

10-4 on the bonding wire all the way to the pump. Forgot to list that important step. I connected my two ends together just past the pump. That way, I can take the connector apart, remove my pump for the winter, and put it all back together in the spring. Thanks for the reminder!

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.