Blue Works temp error?

rrgray8

Sep 27, 2020
Clearwater, FL
I have a 2 year old Blue Works BLSC chlorinator that recently does not chlorinate. The unit indicates flow but the generate light blinks green. The unit reads Temp empo and when I go into the menu it shows the water temp is 72.5. Cell volts: 28.2v, cell amp: -0.0, salinity now: 0000ppm. Measured salinity is approximately 3800ppm.
I am trying to determine if it needs a new cell or if there is an issue with the unit itself. Any tips to troubleshoot? I'd hate to purchase a new cell only to find the unit itself is faulty.

I cleaned the cell and nothing changed. Powering off/on with the power button, did not change anything. After I shut the breaker off and turned back on, the Blue works system restarted and the generator is working properly. Must have glitched out over something.

Reactions: markayash
Same thing happens to mine except it stops generating again after a while. I contacted support because I have only had it 45 days. Here's my experience with them ....

I purchased a new Blue Works chlorinator about 45 days ago that started malfunctioning. After contacting support and sending them multiple pictures and documentation they stated that they would not honor the warranty because I didn't buy the chlorinator directly from their Amazon store or website. None of these stipulations are in the warranty documentation. If they were I would have returned it immediately.

I had the same issue with the HIGH Temp message. I contacted support and after providing some basic details via email they concluded that the problem was a faulty internal temperature sensor. I was required to pay $10 shipping and the shipped a new external temperature sensor (integrated into the flow sensor) that I will unscrew and replace. I am required also to change a jumper setting on the mainboard. All of this was done within two business days. I was very pleased with the level of responsiveness. I think it is better to initiate the ticket via the phone. As soon as I get the item and install I will update again for the benefit of other members.

I had the same issue with the HIGH Temp message. I contacted support and after providing some basic details via email they concluded that the problem was a faulty internal temperature sensor. I was required to pay $10 shipping and the shipped a new external temperature sensor (integrated into the flow sensor) that I will unscrew and replace. I am required also to change a jumper setting on the mainboard. All of this was done within two business days. I was very pleased with the level of responsiveness. I think it is better to initiate the ticket via the phone. As soon as I get the item and install I will update again for the benefit of other members.
Do you have the steps from them to do the jumper on the main board? I had my system installed by the pool builder and they're not honoring the warranty because of this. So I'm looking to purchase my own flow sensor with temp sensor and doing it myself. Thanks.

I had the same problem with BlueWorks not reading the proper temperature and shutting itself down. Here is the picture with the jumper:

"Please turn off the power and open the control box , move the temp jumper for K7 to K4. Please see the attached photo. (BLSC)"

1691844453938.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.