Blue Typhoon variable speed pump no longer getting power...

lunchbox

Jul 31, 2019
Oklahoma
I have a 1.5 HP variable speed Blue Torrent pump which is wired into a light switch. Yesterday I flipped the switch before actually turning the pump off and got the low voltage alert on the screen. I flipped the switch back on and heard a pop from the pump, now it appears as though the pump is no longer receiving power. The display and LEDs aren't lighting up and there's no sound from the pump. The breaker is still on and electricity is making it past the switch because my salt cell is hooked up to the same switch and it has power. Is there an internal fuse or something for me to check?

Welcome to TFP.

Do you have a multimeter that you can measure the voltage at the pump motor?

Is the pump 120V or 220V?

How old is the pump?

Post pics of the pump and its labels and data plate.

I do have a multimeter, but I'm not sure exactly how to test the voltage at the pump motor. It's 220V and 2 years old. I can take pics of the pump tonight or tomorrow, unfortunately the labels have come off the pump or are coming off and too torn up to read

If you are not comfortable working around the motor wiring you should call in an electrician.

I don't have a problem working with electricity, I just didn't know if there was anything special I needed to do or if I just flip the switch and touch the multimeter to the connections on the motor

Yup, first step is seeing if you have 220V at the motor connection.

So, I got my BT drive box off tonight and it looks like I may have fried the fuse. The fuse says it’s 15A 250V but I have no idea what type of fuse it is or if I can get it at ACE or another hardware store. Can anyone help suggest the type of fuse it is? image.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IT APPEARS THAT THE FUSE IN THE DRIVE PORTION OF MY BT VARIABLE SPEED PUMP BLEW OUT. IT APPEARS TO BE CERAMIC AND SAYS 15A 250 V, BUT SEEMS SMALLER THAN A LOT OF THESE TYPES OF FUSES. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TYPE OF FUSE IT SHOULD BE?

My SWG controller just blew the glass cylinder type fuse during a lightning storm. I went to 3 electric suppy places and they stopped carrying the old style fuses a long time ago. Know who had it ? The good old trusty hardware store. They had every kind imaginable. Take it to your hardware store and they probably have one for you. Mine was $1.38 so i bought 3 just to have spares.

PICTURE OF FUSE IN POST #10.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.