Blue Torrent pump stopped working.

Sep 20, 2017
Munith/Michigan
I just had my 24’ round AGP installed and have been running my pump using a 50’, 12gauge extension cord, plugged into a GFCI outlet. I am waiting for my electrician to come out next week to install my dedicated outlet, but in the meantime using the extension cord mentioned above. I went to check my pressure yesterday and decided it to be time to backwash. The pump has an on/off switch. It was running at the time. I stretched out my backwash hose in preparation for backwashing, turned the pump off using the on/off switch, changed the setting on the top of the filter to backwash, then went back to pump and turned it on…NOTHING. I switched it a couple of times to no avail. I went and turned the breaker off, then on. Back to pump, nothing. What has happened? I do hear a very faint hum when I turn on the pump now, but that’s all. How can I check it for further assistance to work? Is the pump toast?

Try unplugging the pump for awhile. 30 mins. Sounds almost like it over heated. Did you possibly get water in the cord connection? If anything, the pump is under warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.