Blue Torent Heat Pump

masakiah

Dec 1, 2021
Tarpon Springs, FL
I have an Intex Above Ground 9 x 18 rec pool. I purchased a Blue Torent Pool Heater and hooked it up to the pump and hoses the pool came with. As soon as I turn on the heat pump, I get an E3 message which means "Water Flow Fault" - I cannot get ahold of anyone at Pool Parts to Go where I purchased the item to get an answer as to how to resolve this error message. MY pool guy mentioned and it makes sense that the dinky pool pump that came with the pool cannot handle the flow - in other words it doesn't have enough power. I ordered a new 2 HP Pool Pump believing it will solve the problem. Has anyone here exepierenced this prob with a Heat Pump?

Welcome to the forum!
Heat pumps require a minimum flow rate/pressure drop through the exchanger to operate. It is likely your pump cannot provide that.
A 2HP single speed pump will be too much. And very noisy and costly to operate. A variable speed pump would be a better choice.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.