Blue Slate or Blue Prism?

Dobiesj

Jul 27, 2022
Charlotte NC
Hi All - Im new to this forum and look forward to feedback! This is our second pool and I'm stuck trying to decide on a finish. Attached is a pic of the waterline and coping choices for reference. I want a medium blue color and love Blue Slate and Blue Prism Pebble Sheen (with the shells) but they seem to be a bit teal or green on websites? Other contenders are Blue Granite and Tropical Breeze. Open to suggestions and would LOVE any current *real* pictures you would be willing to share.

Attachments

• Pool Options.jpg
    Pool Options.jpg
    805 KB · Views: 59
We have slate blue and I love the color! No tint of teal or green IMO, but remember that pool surroundings will also affect the color of the pool. Also the color is slightly different every day based on weather.

We also were back and forth between slate blue and prism blue. I liked how prism blue was darker, but there was a HINT of teal at the prism blue pool the second time we visited (first time I did not recall seeing teal)

Blue granite was an interesting choice but we ruled it out since because we were not able to see it in person.

I know there are other slate blue pics if you search here.

Reactions: Dobiesj
We have slate blue and I love the color! No tint of teal or green IMO, but remember that pool surroundings will also affect the color of the pool. Also the color is slightly different every day based on weather.

We also were back and forth between slate blue and prism blue. I liked how prism blue was darker, but there was a HINT of teal at the prism blue pool the second time we visited (first time I did not recall seeing teal)

Blue granite was an interesting choice but we ruled it out since because we were not able to see it in person.

I know there are other slate blue pics if you search here.
Thank you! Super helpful. My gut says Blue Slate because its a little lighter in color too.

Hey Dobies and Welcome !!!!!

You cannot go wrong. Whatever you choose will look spectacular in its own right and you will tell yourself you made the right choice because of it. I kinda giggle everytime this, or finish colors come up. Maybe you can help tell me which color I have. Your tiles will be less, but still have a healthy variance of color spectrum and sheen throughout the day/season.

20220729_062001.jpg20220629_154230.jpg20220628_215353.jpg20220628_194009.jpg20220628_193943.jpg20220624_074420.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jsygrls
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.