Blown 20 amp fuse

Mark St.

May 31, 2020
Virginia
13,000 gallon above ground pool with T-Cell-5 saltwater generator.
My Aqua-Trol circuit board blows the 20 amp fuse as soon as the cell goes into a chlorination cycle. My local pool store "tested" the cell with a Hayward tester and said the chlorinating cell is good and producing chlorine. I have verified that the pump is not the issue. With the salt cell unplugged from the circuit board, the pump continues to run without blowing the fuse. Any ideas on possible issue? Mark St.

13,000 gallon above ground pool with T-Cell-5 saltwater generator.
My Aqua-Trol circuit board blows the 20 amp fuse as soon as the cell goes into a chlorination cycle. My local pool store "tested" the cell with a Hayward tester and said the chlorinating cell is good and producing chlorine. I have verified that the pump is not the issue. With the salt cell unplugged from the circuit board, the pump continues to run without blowing the fuse. Any ideas on possible issue? Mark St.
Am I understanding the 20 Amp onboard fuse does not blow when the salt cell is unplugged and the main board stays On? If so, measure the DC voltage across sides A and B as shown in the below pic. Pls note, you need to wait until you hear the onboard relay click.
Troubleshooting the main board
J5 conn.JPG

Attachments

• J5 conn.JPG
    J5 conn.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.