Blowing through FC...

Just tested PH for the first time in a few days... 8.2.. YIKES... got it back under control now... I think that could have been an issue with my FC dissipation faster than normal. Before I got it clean it was gunk, after I got it clean potential PH issues.. hope thats the case anyway.

Just tested PH for the first time in a few days... 8.2.. YIKES... got it back under control now... I think that could have been an issue with my FC dissipation faster than normal. Before I got it clean it was gunk, after I got it clean potential PH issues.. hope thats the case anyway.
Hope you are on top of the issues and can enjoy a TFP-hot tub!

yeah me too.. however ive decided to move my HT to a new location (after pool goes in next week) so ill be doing a purge, drain, purge , drain.. so i should clean it out.. begs the question.. if tub is going to sit for a week or so without water in it (clearly some in the pipes) would i need to do ANOTHER ahhsome purge after?

yeah me too.. however ive decided to move my HT to a new location (after pool goes in next week) so ill be doing a purge, drain, purge , drain.. so i should clean it out.. begs the question.. if tub is going to sit for a week or so without water in it (clearly some in the pipes) would i need to do ANOTHER ahhsome purge after?
Would it be possible to keep water in it so fittings don't dry out (not heated)? Never stored a hot tub, so no personal experience to offer here!

Well, the wiring is being relocated.. so yes I could leave the water in it. That just means I would have to drain it, move it, fill it, purge it that way... Not a huge deal, but just wasting the benefits of my already hot hot water to purge with :)

Raise the FC during the purge and keep the FC high if you rinse during the drain so any water that is trapped in your plumbing has adequate FC levels. That should hold off any critters until you refill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.