Bentonville
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hi all - been using the TFP methodology this year and it's been wonderful - have saved a lot of money. I have a question about pool closing, however. Due to the elevated equipment pad, there's a check valve that leads into the pump and I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how I'm going to blow air back into the skimmers with this valve in place (attaching picture). While I can blow from the pump to the rest of the system with my air compressor, I'm not sure how to go the other direction.

I did grab some of the gizzmos with the blow out hole in them, which fit in the skimmers. But confused as to how to create an air seal if I were to go through them to get the water out of the skimmer line and the main drain.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5411.JPEG
    IMG_5411.JPEG
    642 KB · Views: 13
Get reducer fittings to adapt the skimmer or Gizzmo top to fit the compressor hose. Blow towards the pad from the skimmer with the drain/skimmer valve 50/50 and you’ll send the simmer pipe water into the deep end if you have the right psi/scfm combo. Once bubbles are coming out the main drains, lock that air in the main drain pipe by closing the valve to open the skimmer side. The water in the pipe from the check valve to the drain valve should flow back to the skimmer pipe and be harmless being (1/4 gallon ?). I don’t know the exacts but you want only a few psi (5-7?) and as many scfm as possible. It takes a compressor with some ooomph to have enough continuous flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.