Boston, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm trying to make sure that all my equip lines are blown out. I have a Cyclone blower.
I blew down the suctions lines for the skimmer and main drain by inserting the blower into the skimmer basket. I then blew down the return lines after my SWG to get the jets done. Where should I hook my blower up to blow through all my equipment?

Can I put the blower in the VS pump basket and blow through the pump? I wasn't sure if that would damage anything.

Setup attached. SWG behind the filter. This picture is pre closing

Attachments

• 20220923_150450.jpg
    20220923_150450.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 13
Good morning! I'm sure fellow northerners like @Newdude will reply with some thoughts. But with both sides of the plumbing system (suction & pressure) blown, cleared, and sealed, the hard part is done. Once you pull the drain plugs from the pump, filter, and heater, you're almost across the finish lines. If you elect to push some air through the pump, it shouldn't hurt anything, however I wouldn't think there would be enough residual water remaining to be a freeze expansion problem, but let's see what others have to say.

+1. With the MPV in 'filter' and no heater bypass, you blew right through the equipment to to get from A (skimmer) to B (return jets). Pull your drain plugs to get the last few drips out, and insurance if water somehow finds its way in later. Put them in a ziplock baggie and toss that in the pump basket for next year.

Move your MPV to winterize and call it a season. (y)

Reactions: Texas Splash
Good morning! I'm sure fellow northerners like @Newdude will reply with some thoughts. But with both sides of the plumbing system (suction & pressure) blown, cleared, and sealed, the hard part is done. Once you pull the drain plugs from the pump, filter, and heater, you're almost across the finish lines. If you elect to push some air through the pump, it shouldn't hurt anything, however I wouldn't think there would be enough residual water remaining to be a freeze expansion problem, but let's see what others have to say.
Awesome thank you! I should have said my concern is that there is no drain with my heat pump. Filter drain has been pulled and opened and cleaned out.

my concern is that there is no drain with my heat pump
Verified with the manual ? Some have plugs inside that require taking the cover off.

The ones that have no plugs gravity drain by disconnecting the unions.

Seeing how you blew through yours, it's empty. If some condensation accumulated over the winter, it wouldn't be enough to fill and freeze/expand to cause damage.

Verified with the manual ? Some have plugs inside that require taking the cover off.

The ones that have no plugs gravity drain by disconnecting the unions.

Seeing how you blew through yours, it's empty. If some condensation accumulated over the winter, it wouldn't be enough to fill and freeze/expand to cause damage.
Right manual said no plugs, not even to lift the cover.

I'll see if my unions can be disconnected and attached the blower to there.

I'll see if my unions can be disconnected and attached the blower to there.
You already blew through it. Maybe there's a bit (just some drips) of residuals. Open the main unions and gravity will empty the rest if you need the peace of mind. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.