Blower Keeps Shutting Down...

TotalNerd

Mar 9, 2021
Mansfield, TX
I'm having a problem with the blower that goes to my spa. The problem is, it shuts down every 30 min. I was told this is normal operating procedure but I wanted to check if I could do something about it. It's not broken, I just hit the button again and it starts up again. It's just annoying when i'm enjoying the spa with my friends enjoying the night and boom, the blower shuts off. When I put it in service mode and fire everything up and it runs and runs and runs.

The only thing I can say is that my stand alone hot tub does the same thing with its blower and jets. I was told it was a safety feature but I'm not sure what would be unsafe about it if it ran longer?

Maddie 🐞

Sounds like you have a setting on your iAqualink P8 that is a timer and only lets it run for 30 mins. I've never heard of a blower shutting down unless it's on a timer like in a commercial setting of a hotel.

You can use a regular AUX that is not timed if you want the blower to continue running, but the blower could potentially overheat.

The blower should have a thermal overload if it overheats.

Note 1: The labels “TIMED AUX”, “AIR BLOWER” and “FILL LINE” are 30 minute timed cycles.

If you go to a non timed Aux, check the blower to make sure that it is not overheating.
1634670685605.png

Last edited:
Air Blower - When an AUX button labeled “Air Blower” is pressed, it will turn on the air blower for 30 minutes, then automatically turn it off.

An air blower may be programmed like any other auxiliary, except that you can program only the ON time.

The air blower will turn on at the programmed ON time, and turn off 30 minutes later.

This is to protect the blower motor from overheating during extended operation.
1634670281773.png

Thanks @JamesW for the information. I've got them coming out on Thursday to figure out why the water feature pump doesn't work anymore. I may have them move it over to another Aux or have them add some power wires from Aux 2 to the blower so that it will run on the 30 min timed cycle or forever until I turn it off.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.