Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hey all - just closed on a house with a vinyl liner pool that needs some things. The liner is shot, and the light needs to be replaced. There is another issue with the steps - I see a few quarter-sized blisters in the fiberglass. When I spoke to a local pool company about replacing the steps, they said it wasn't possible without breaking up the concrete and replacing the steps - a $7K to $10K job. Do I have other options? The price of the house factored in the condition of the pool (and the roof, and the AC and and and...) But I was surprised that I do not have a better option on the steps. Nice to "meet" you all - thanks for your input.

Hey Lanzz and welcome !! The easiest answer is to get several quotes. There is no shortage of people doing pools in your area but there are many who are so busy that they can just throw an obscene number out there and if you bite, they ask for even more next time.

Did they give you any insight into how/why ? My 8 year old steps were doing the exact same thing, about a dozen quarter sized bubbles in the rounded corners. They were random and didn’t fit any easily identifiable mold process or bolt pattern. (Not that they’re bolted, but still). We ended up moving so I didn’t need to address mine. They seemed pretty firm like they wouldn’t pop yet also only on the surface like there was still a lot of meat behind them. I’m interested to see how this plays out.

good luck and keep us posted !!

Reactions: Lanzz
Reactions: Lanzz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.