Bleeding Hayward DE filter

tpm

Sep 6, 2008
NY
Hello
Setup my filter and pump. Usually I get a good stream of air before water at the top bleeder valve. Now it only trickles. Have good return pressure however. Thoughts?
I hate to backwash in the first hour and will need to tomorrow because it's really dirty thanks to the Loop Lock cover

Thanks

Likely a little debris has been caught in the port.
Could open it and shoot a water hose into the port and see if that clears it ... otherwise have to take the lid off.

Ok. So remove the bleeder valve but not entire assembly right? The ccx1000v valve correct?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe the clear tube I have attached to it?

No a backwash would still be putting pressure on any debris that's suck there. You may not need a new part you might just need to take the filter lid off and inspect things.

IMG_3805.jpgUPDATE

I took the top bleeder valve assembly off as shooting water in it didn't work. I than tried water on both ends after grabbing debris with needle nose pliers. Still no good. Took it in the garage and the air compressor did the trick. A good size hair ball came out.
I put silicone grease on O rings and put it back. All's good

Thanks again

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.