Bleach Sale

Very helpful... I've stored cheaply purchased bleach for up to a year. It was only $2.50/gal. Figured it was degrading but had no idea the concentration dropped that fast.

I assume this data would be chlorine in sealed plastic containers. Wonder how much faster it degrades in a vented Stenner chlorine dispense tank.

I assume this data would be chlorine in sealed plastic containers. Wonder how much faster it degrades in a vented Stenner chlorine dispense tank.
The stenner won't make a big difference...unless it is in the sun or in a warmer place than the jugs. The major factors to degradation are concentration, storage temperature, low pH, exposure to sunlight and some metals in solution.

I always leave my bleach in the stenner over the winter and it still has a positive effect on startup...somewhere in the 4-7% range for 10 to 12.5% Liquid Chlorine

Leave it in the stenner, it will be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.