Bleach or Liquid Chlorine Pricing

How did you determine that?
You have Poolmath. Touch the hamburger menu in the upper left of the app. Select Effects of Adding Chemicals. Be sure your pool volume is correct, select Bleach, enter the strength you are using, and how much you want to add to the pool. It will tell what FC it will add to the pool and how much salt.

For your 30,000 gallon pool a gallon of 10% gives you 3.3 ppm of chlorine. That is about average daily FC usage for a pool in full sun in the summer. So about a gallon a day.
Is this relationship linear? In other words, my pool is 12,500 gallons. Would a gallon of 10% give me 30/12.5*3.3, or 7.9 ppm?
How did you determine that? Is there a general rule of thumb about FC use/10k gallons? Or was that an educated guess based on observation of a similar sized pool?
Wondering the same thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: mwemaxxowner
I mean how to determine that a pool my size "uses approximately 3.3 ppm per day in full sun".
The overall average seen by tracking the data from Poolmath we see the majority of pools consume 2-4 ppm FC during swim season. So the '3.3' Allen quoted is right in the middle. Your pool may be average, or a little less, or a little more. Testing lets you fine tune it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
According to PoolMath 1 gallon of 10 percent gets you 40 ppm with a 2500 gallon pool. Lol

I suspect there was a typo there?
Yeah I fixed it shortly after I don't have a doggie pool :) Sounds like the relationship is linear. 2500 is 8% of your pool size and 3.3 ppm is 8% of 40.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.