Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Ok, admittedly I don't read this group from Oct-Apr. So I just came back and my pool opens next week. I have an SWG so I don't use chlorine much, but I do recommend bleach to people if asked. Did something happen over the winter? everyone here is talking about liquid chlorine and not bleach. I tried to search but those terms bring up too many posts.

They are the same. Liquid chlorine and bleach both have the same active ingredient sodium hypochlorite they come in different strengths . I cannot speak to the change in terminology.

I think it's because so many companies have started adding additional fabric chemicals to their "bleach". I have found the most economical bleach to use to be the 12.5% liquid pool shock, which I usually buy from the Store That Starts With L That Shall Not Be Named ... (It's great for whitening our kitchen sink and toilet bowls too! )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.