Bleach creating a little foam on top

May 15, 2015
Atlanta-GA-
Hi

Above ground 3200 GA
Been choking it using method here and poolmath calculator for 8 years.
I know how to do it and have learned from a lot of my mistakes in the past.
Water has a little foam on the top and when i put my hand in the pool, it feels very greasy (Like maybe too much bleach?)
The pool has been clearing as expected daily.

1)I only use Clorox brand

2)Never splashless or scented.

3) My stabilizer is at 70-80, so according to my table my chlorine should be at 28 until the pool is cycled.

4) Yesterday morning i cleaned the filter cartridge which does not have green anymore. Put it back and started the filter and the foam disappeared. Then it came back like 5 hours later. I went to adjust the chlorine and added what was needed to hit 28. I put the chlorine and withing 1 hour no more foam. Then this AM it is back even if less.

Things that i thought about:

1) Is my stabilizer too high (70-80) and forces me to put too much bleach?

2) My water level is a little high as i forgot the hose in it 3 days ago. I let the sun do it’s thing to lower the water level. Is it that?

3) Clorox changed their formula?

Thxs a lot

Pat
IMG_3319.jpegIMG_3318.jpegIMG_3317.jpeg

Avoid the Clorox brand in the future. A few years ago they started adding fabric polymers to their solution which tends to have side effects in pools. Find another brand of bleach that doesn't have any indication of fabric products in it. Or just buy pool liquid chlorine if you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.