Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Reading up on some earlier posts, it appears that around July time frame, Wal-Mart stops stocking the 'Pool Essentials 10% Bleach.' It is currently on sale here so I am getting ready to go stock up but curious about how much to get. Storage space isn't a concern since I have a very large garage that is essentially climate controlled, so no real degradation threat because of heat/sun exposure. This will be my first pool season, so not really sure how to gauge how much I will need.

Rough calculations of say 2.5 PPM needed a day for 5 months tells me that 45'ish gallons would suffice.

I understand the need for it to be manufactured in 2019, but not sure how long the shelf life will be in a climate controlled situation.

10% liquid chlorine will retain its strength for about 3-4 months with good storage. You might want to buy half your estimated amount now and then just buy more each week while you use it (rotating through your oldest stock first) until the season ends. That way your always replacing your stock with the newest product. If supplies should become tight, then you have a built in buffer.

10% liquid chlorine will retain its strength for about 3-4 months with good storage. You might want to buy half your estimated amount now and then just buy more each week while you use it (rotating through your oldest stock first) until the season ends. That way your always replacing your stock with the newest product. If supplies should become tight, then you have a built in buffer.

I like the idea of rotating the stock. I don't know that I could force myself to go to Wal-Mart once a week though...I am not much of a "people person" :)

i’m in stillwater, so we’re close. last year i bought some from walmart, but most of it i found at atwood’s 4 gallons for $8.99 of 10%

I didn't think about Atwood's...might have to check there. Thanks for the intel.

Reactions: jasonwbaggett
The last 2 years my local "cash n carry" (restaurant supplier wholesale, open to public) had 6 gallon cases of generic 6%
for just under ten bucks. I just got a case this past weekend and now they are charging over 13 dollars. ugh.

I don't know that I could force myself to go to Wal-Mart once a week though...I am not much of a "people person"

Oh I know that feeling. I go to Wally World once a week to grab supplies, I have yet to go in/out without telling some fool to get the frig out of the way!!
I swear that place is like an episode of...The Walking Dead! :roll:

Reactions: JoeSelf
Just bought my stock of 10% for the summer. There are 3 jugs per case.

Attachments

• 20190403_144652.jpg
    20190403_144652.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Wow
Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.