NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Just bought this bleach yesterday and didn’t realize it was Bleach 2. Is it ok to add to pool?
Thanks

Attachments

• EFDAFAD2-7AC6-4467-B699-F1BEE861C26D.jpeg
    EFDAFAD2-7AC6-4467-B699-F1BEE861C26D.jpeg
    592.9 KB · Views: 20
It is a slightly stronger concentration of Chlorox (7.55% vs 6.5 %). It does contain the Chloromax polymeres, but if you have been using Chlorox with Chloromax in your pool without problems then this stuff should be fine. Just change the strength in poolmath to calculate the correct amount to add.

Reactions: Aquaman7
One question, will it be a good idea to use shock to maintain the chlorine levels in a pool instead of bleach? Figure the shock has a higher level of sodium hypochlorite and would be less expensive.

One question, will it be a good idea to use shock to maintain the chlorine levels in a pool instead of bleach? Figure the shock has a higher level of sodium hypochlorite and would be less expensive.
Liquid shock and bleach are the same things. Liquid shock is often the less expensive option when you consider concentrations of sodium hypochlorite, yes. :)

Reactions: Aquaman7
Do you mean Liquid "shock"?? Its Ideal! If you mean some sort of granular product.... uh, no. Not unless your pool has the ability to have the CYA or calcium higher without problems. Most folks can't.

Maddie :flower:
In fact I have to bring up my CYA to turn on my SWG. Have it connected but not turned on yet. So granular shock is ok?

Liquid shock and bleach are the same things. Liquid shock is often the less expensive option when you consider concentrations of sodium hypochlorite, yes. :)
Great. I have to see how much the liquid shock is compared to chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.