Plainfield Il
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've been waiting for along time to pull trigger on a flat top. I've researched and called, CharGriller, Traeger, Weber and Blackstone. All but BS said their grills cannot be converted to Nat Gas or they wouldn't recommend it or warranty the grill. I was walking though Costco last month and low and behold they had a few BS 36" flattops on the floor but the boss over ruled it because a 36" grill was just To Big. I Need a plan "B". I would really prefer a 3 burner grill verses a 2 burner 28" one and only a BS fits the bill but $$$.
I find what I' looking for on the BS website but no way the Boss is going to let me pull the trigger on a 900 buck grill or even if its on sale for 850. So I do a wide search and there's an small Farm and Home store in central Illinois that has them for 650, and they're on sale this weekend for 600. I'm getting close, so I get on their WS. They're having a grand opening at a new store this weekend. I open the ad, on page 3 is the BS 1901 for 399.99, ends today. Talk to the boss and she gives the go ahead-to go get it, 3 hours away. Call the store this morning they have 9 of them. I ask them to set one aside for me. Road trip, Then it gets better as part of the grand opening it's a no sales tax day. Even the boss is impressed.

QsDrz%4VTiGGW23KTH+rsw.jpgOne Happy Camper

I've been waiting for along time to pull trigger on a flat top. I've researched and called, CharGriller, Traeger, Weber and Blackstone. All but BS said their grills cannot be converted to Nat Gas or they wouldn't recommend it or warranty the grill. I was walking though Costco last month and low and behold they had a few BS 36" flattops on the floor but the boss over ruled it because a 36" grill was just To Big. I Need a plan "B". I would really prefer a 3 burner grill verses a 2 burner 28" one and only a BS fits the bill but $$$.
I find what I' looking for on the BS website but no way the Boss is going to let me pull the trigger on a 900 buck grill or even if its on sale for 850. So I do a wide search and there's an small Farm and Home store in central Illinois that has them for 650, and they're on sale this weekend for 600. I'm getting close, so I get on their WS. They're having a grand opening at a new store this weekend. I open the ad, on page 3 is the BS 1901 for 399.99, ends today. Talk to the boss and she gives the go ahead-to go get it, 3 hours away. Call the store this morning they have 9 of them. I ask them to set one aside for me. Road trip, Then it gets better as part of the grand opening it's a no sales tax day. Even the boss is impressed.

View attachment 487555One Happy Camper
Nice! What is your first meal going to be? I just finished cleaning my griddle from our smash burgers with caramelized onions. That has been a hit with the fam this spring.

Well, we're on hold. The Nat gas parts don't get delivered till Tuesday. So, the build doesn't start till Wednesday.
:(

Congrats on getting a good price on a griddle.

I was curious about your comment on natural gas. There are griddle inserts for grills. I have a natural gas Weber grill where I could use their griddle insert.

Congrats on getting a good price on a griddle.

I was curious about your comment on natural gas. There are griddle inserts for grills. I have a natural gas Weber grill where I could use their griddle insert.
I do have a small griddle that I use on my Weber grill. But Weber doesn't have an insert for my model. Wish they did but I think I'll be fine.

I’ve been looking at outdoor wok burners. Most use propane. I have an external NG hook up. There are a few burners out there (very pricey) built for NG but it’s just the burner, I’d have the build a frame for it. Wok cooking needs serious heat to do it right but when it’s done correctly, there’s nothing tastier than homemade fried rice. I’ve done it before on the stove top with a very very small hammered steel wok. But I also have a 14” wok that is begging for an outdoor burner.

I’ve been looking at outdoor wok burners. Most use propane. I have an external NG hook up. There are a few burners out there (very pricey) built for NG but it’s just the burner, I’d have the build a frame for it. Wok cooking needs serious heat to do it right but when it’s done correctly, there’s nothing tastier than homemade fried rice. I’ve done it before on the stove top with a very very small hammered steel wok. But I also have a 14” wok that is begging for an outdoor burner.
I've seen a few natural gas crawfish burners that I think would produce enough power. You may just need to find one with longer legs since those pots are taller than a wok.

Hopefully, you can turn into Uncle Roger in no time. HAIYAA!

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.