Black Algea or Organic Matter or Metal Stains? Help W/PIC!!!

Re: Ascorbic acid treatment - Confirm Order of Operations

What i did the second time i did the treatment

1) get FC. Down to almost nothing .
2) throw in bag a AA
3) about four hours later i put in the jacks magic .pink or purple.
4) about 2-3 days later drain all water .
5) rinse with clean water ( hose )
6) drain the rinse water.
7) refill pool and make sure everything is per recomended levels for your type of pool.. ( pool school )

By draining pool you can get all the metal out, and not keep putting in sequestrant for life !!! At 30 bucks a bottle!!! My first time i used about 175.00 worth of stuff. Then slowley added chloring and wala stainning went crazy !!! Wasted my time and money ... Sometimes water is cheaper. My stains were copper from my heater .
When i let my chemistry go bad all winter .. Since i went to pool school and learned the correct method , i have no more copper stainning . it all goes back to pool school.. IMO..

Sean makes a point ... what is the source of the metal in your pool? What is your fill water source, does it have metal in it?

Good points, not sure I can drain my pool I will have to see...

I am not sure the source yet I just started get tons of spots all over the bottom of the pool, thinking they were black algea. Then they started to bleed or halo and vitamin c clears that bleeding up almost instantly (can still see the small spot). I have a pool heater but I thought it was titanium (came with the house). Neighbor cut down a metal shed, could be fertilizer pellets....Really not sure.

Oh, right you have the spots. I am guessing it was external debris that gave the spots so draining is not likely needed as the amount of metal in the water will likely be small.

BTW, I just merged all your topics together as they are all related and will keep the story together.

Re: Black Algea or Organic Matter or Metal Stains? Help W/PI

+1 what jblizzle said about your posts. Responders give the best replies when they see your "story" all under one post......often even if the subject changes, it still remains YOUR thread and lends great continuity.

Re: Black Algea or Organic Matter or Metal Stains? Help W/PI

Okay so heres my plan and Material I have purchased based on my readings her on the forum.

5lb or AA
1 bottle of HASA super stain out - Call HASA and they confirmed its a metal sequestrate with Poly Acid
1 bottle of Kem Teck algecide 60
1 Taylor k-2006 test kit.....

So I would like to do the AA test now that I believe the AA will take care of the staining, afew questions.

1) How do I lower my FC, I have a SWG, just turn the output to zero? how long does it take to lower?
2) If im bring my FC to near zero at what point do I add the Algecide and how much? I have a 15k gallon pool.
3) When do I add the metal sequestrate (Hasa super stain out) before I add the AA or 1 hour after?

Here are my test results from today.

I wanted a good baseline so i bought a taylor k-2006 kit. I performed all the tests but couldnt get the Calcium hardness test right, it was always purple, not blue and I felt like i was wasting regent.

In a 15-16k saltwater pool

FC: 4
CC: 0
PH: 8
TA: 80 ppm
CYA: < 30 super low could see the dot even with the whole vial filled so its less than 30
CH: inconclusive was always purple tried the test twice following the fading end point directions couldnt get it to work

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.