Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hello, I am new here and new to maintaining my own pool. Let me start by saying I have read the basic articles and purchased a TF-100 test kit. Our troubles is a pesky black algae that presents as tiny dots spreading all over the pool surface. They only appear as single dots and do not appear to cluster together to form any large masses. The camoflauge quite well as our pool has a pebble finish with some darker pebbles randomly distributed and these algae dots are extremely resistant to brushing (metal wire) mostly because they are essentially embedded in the pebble finish and therefore the ‘roots’ are below the surface. I have scraped them and done the green smear test so am confident it is black algae. With much targeted effort they can be removed. I have even used a pressure washer on spots with good results. Alas the problem is too wide spread to target each spot individually.

I have performed the full suite of tests, which I posted the results below. I can see that my cya level is too low…but my main question/concern is should I SLAM first now while it is lower, or is it better to normalize first? I have a SWG pool. Advice is appreciated. Thank you.

CYA - 40
FC - 7
CC - 0
TC - 7
PH - 8
CH - 450
TA - 90

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.