Bioactive technical process.

With less than 2 grams of microbes and about 15 lbs of cyanuric acid being converted, that means that each microbe consumes thousands of times its weight in cyanuric acid. That seems like quite a lot.

The organisms are used as a delivery vehicle for the creation of the necessary enzyme chemistry only. The enzymes are catalysts and as such can perform multiple reactions without being used (unlike chemicals). So the microbes produce the enzymes and the enzymes then break down the CYA and ultimately its byproducts such as ammonia etc.

Jose, forgive me if you've answered these questions, but how much testing has been done in pools with a range of 100-200 PPM Cya, and how did those tests perform?

Also, what test methods were used again? Sorry if these answers are redundant but I'm curious, and it's difficult to remember with all the posting going on.

Hello Patrick, that's absolutely ok! We appreciate the interest, and this is a new one as far as I know.

Most of the field tests have been run on pools in that range (by number it is hundreds of pools). The results have been consistently good with ending CYA levels typically in the 40-70 range so long as all published usage instructions are followed then testing methods are considered to be sound.

We conduct all tests using colormetric (test strips) AND turbidometric precipitation (test tube/melamine/measuring dip stick) in various shapes and forms.

Sorry to say it, but I put near zero faith in any multi parameter test strip reading. Turbidity testing is subjective enough as it is.

You're absolutely right! In some instances, test strip readings were found to be completely off but we still test with these since most customers do and we'd like to see the sort of results they would get, however inaccurate (the strips would still signify that a reduction took place from one test instance to another). Though the turbidity kit is subjective and limiting, it is the best method available and is recommended by us over the others.

Yes, it is. Even though it's limited, it's the best we have at this time for residential/field testing. Personally I would not rely on the multi test strip for a definative answer, and make the best judgement possible with the turbidity testing.

Since we are on testing, have there been any tests done by laboratories with other methods such as ICP, or other typical lab testing for actual Cya residuals?

And for bacteria/enzyme testing, has there been any bio testing in the field (dispslides or similar) or before and after CFU counts evaluated for another form of correlation on progress? I don't know if field testing is possible with these strains of if there is even an Agar for them, I'm just very curious what is known about the life cycle once it starts in the pool.

The organisms are used as a delivery vehicle for the creation of the necessary enzyme chemistry only. The enzymes are catalysts and as such can perform multiple reactions without being used (unlike chemicals). So the microbes produce the enzymes and the enzymes then break down the CYA and ultimately its byproducts such as ammonia etc.
Since the bacteria don't reproduce, how does 1 gram of bacteria create enough enzymes to break down 14 kilograms (31 pounds) of cyanuric acid?

How much enzymes do the bacteria produce and at what rate?

Why not just manufacture and sell the enzymes?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.