big part of gunite fell off the same day of construction

xasdta

May 23, 2018
EDMOND
I'm having a pool built at my new house and my pool builder called saying the gunite is complete so i went to go check it out after work same day but i was shocked to see a big chunk of it fell off in the deep end of the pool. So i panicked and called the pool builder. He said not to worry, this happens and they will go back tomorrow and jack hammer it and pour it back. Is my pool builder right in saying this is no problem at all and i should not worry, it'll be perfect again after they fix it. Any advice will be very much appreciated.IMG-1549.jpgIMG-1551.jpg

YIKES! But it will be okay. I am going to guess this was towards the end of the shoot and was kind of dry. They can redo it and when it is covered with plaster you will never know it happened.

Now what I would do is walk in the pool with a hammer and gently tap all over to make sure there are no more "bad" areas. Tap, tap, tap listen to the sound. If an area sounds different then tap all around that area and see what happens.

Kim:kim:

This isn't the first I have seen this. It does happen from time to time and the builder can fix it. Did your builder give you a lifetime gunite shell warranty?

This would freak me out, I'd worry about the gunite mixture being off or what kind of long term issues you could have. It can be fixed but I'd want the PB to cover the gunite shell with a lifetime warranty or some kind of extended warranty.

Thank you all for your replies and advice. I did lose sleep over it sadly :( but reading you guys replies does make me feel better. the PB is reassuring me it'll be fine, but i'm sure he would say that no matter what. I'm getting a lifetime gunite shell warranty for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.