Southeast Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
So I posted months back that our filter was dumping DE back into the pool. We had a drain and acid wash shortly after that was due to the original ugly plaster job, but we never found a problem with the filter. Still dumping DE. Now the SWG is not producing chlorine (running 100%, 0 chlorine) and a lovely greenish-black film has formed on the bottom of plaster (clear water.) Where to start?? This is no longer my pool because we've divorced, but I was always the one who kept it up so I would like to get my ex some help. I can get some readings and photos next time I go over, but basically unless I'm dumping bleach and acid, the chlorine is zero and the ph is off the charts (always has been, this pool eats a gallon of acid a week.) Thanks in advance for any advice.

Your SWCG is probably working but all the chlorine is being used on the green slime in the bottom of the pool.

Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test that will probably fail.

Then follow the SLAM Process step by step without shortcuts.

All this will be hard to do when you are not living in the house. The SLAM Process may take a week or more based on your description.

The green and black film maybe algae mixed in with metals staining. But get the pool to be algae free and then deal with the stains.

Yikes. +1 for your sense of honor. Taking care of a pool lost to divorce is just amazing. (Sorry you've been through that btw.) It makes me realize we should write down a TFP code of ethics. "No pool left behind..." I'm only partially kidding :rolleyes:.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.