PH 7.2
TA 50

Today
FC 1.2
CC .2
PH 7.4
CYA <30
TA 50

We have had 3 days over 90 in a row and i have had the solar cover off - Today I added some liquid bleach to give the FC a boost and 5 lbs of CYA -

prior to this mini heatwave i pumped to waste about 2 inches of water after heavy rain fall. Should I be running my filter more to generate more chlorine - or was this drop likely due to the CYA loss and the 3 days of blazing sun?

That low of CYA with a SWCG in an outdoor pool without an autocover is dancing with algae. I would at least raise the CYA to 50 or 60 ppm and use 10% of the CYA as your target range.

Use liquid chlorine to raise your FC to target. Use the SWCG to maintain that.

I added 5 lbs of CYA and will test again in a few days - I will test my FC again later today after adding the bleach - will keeping the solar cover on help maintain FC?

k i got the FC up to 1.8 with the bleach - ill see what my CYA is in 2 days and then adjust from there - i guess i should be testing every day for a while from there to dial in my SWCG run time

A FC of 1.8 ppm is way below any minimum. You need to get it to at least 5 ppm to let the SWCG take over.

k - even if the CYA is still low? I was waiting for it all to dissolve before upping it more - or am i good to add it now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.