Bestway pool to Saltwater ?

Well i did hook it up before the solar mat and that seems to work. Im still not sure why it didnt work when i removed the solar mat entirely. Is it ok to just leave it as in then since it is functioning? It wont be the last thing before the return then, the solar mat is. Or will that eff up my stuff?
Also the manual says to run the boost cycle upon start up so i am doing that -is that all correct?
My filter does not have a timer on it. Is there anyway i can hook one up to it or not? I dont mind turning it on manually but we are leaving for 3 days next week

I'd say it's be fine to have it before a solar heater. Bigger thing I'd be worried about is why it's not working when you don't have the solar heater hooked up. Filter => SWG=> pool. That's about the simplest setup there and should definitely work. If it doesn't, then something's not acting right. Could be a defective flow switch (which is internal on your) or your pump is pushing water slowly. When you put your hand in front of the pool return, it feels like a nice and strong jet of water coming out, right?

Boost cycle wouldn't hurt anything, but I think they put that in their for people who are not careful about how they take care of their pool. All boost cycle does is turn it to 100% for a bit, usually 24 hours or until the power is cycled off. If your FC was good before hand, it's not needed. If your FC seems high the next day, that's why.

If you're leaving for a few days and don't have time to install a timer before then, then you should be able to run your pump 24 hrs a day while you're gone. Since you haven't had time to dial the SWG percent in yet, run your pump 24/7 right now and and make sure your FC holds steady at or above your target. If tomorrow it's climbed up, lower % a little. If tomorrow it's fallen a little, raise %. Make sure that boost mode is off though, fus it will be running 100% then instead of whatever you set it to.

Ok thanks! So when i did it it without the solar heater I didnt use the hose that came with it. I connected hose #3 from the filter into the SWG and then hose #5 so maybe I did it wrong there?
When you say raise/lower how do i do that?
The boost cycle should turn off automatically? Or should i turn it off now? I dont see a place where i can adjust what percentage to run it at. Only the time

You can't set a % on the Intex swcg. I'd guess since the swg was for a pool 3 times bigger you could get away with 5-6 hours a day. Maybe start it at 8 hours and dial it back. I have the 7000 version of that swg and run it 11 hours with the pump going 12 hours.

Set your chlorine level with bleach then let the swg take over and dial it in doing checks daily.

Boost cycle just means the unit will stay on three times longer than what you set it for originally. If you set it for 8 hours it will run 24 hours. I woudn't mess with the boost and just use bleach to get your level set initially.

Ok well i had already set the boost cycle since that's what the instructions said so i just let it finish it out. Here are my #s since using the SWG:
cl-5
br-10
Ph-8.2
Salt-2400
Fc-5
Cc-.5
Ch-275
Ta-120
Cya-30

So my Cya needs to be higher, no? How much should i add and do i just dump it in? Anything else i should do? Thanks!

cl-5
br-10
Ph-8.2
Salt-2400
Fc-5
Cc-.5
Ch-275
Ta-120
Cya-30

If the cya has dissolved already from the sock and it has been a couple of days, raise it to 70. I would also add muriatic acid to lower the ph to 7.2. Poolmath for how much to add, just punch in your numbers.

PoolMath

Add 17oz of the 31.45% - 20 Baume muriatic acid to drop the ph to 7.2
Add 27oz of the powdered or 69oz of the liquid cyanuric acid to raise the CYA to 70

You can drop the muriatic acid in first then wait a couple of hours before adding the cya.

What do you test the salt with?

Salt strips and pool store tests could be off. The Taylor 1766 test is the recommended one.

A few things you can try:

Fill the plastic housing in white vinegar and let it set for a couple of hours. Wash the unit out with a garden hose after soaking.

If using an extension cord make sure it's 10 gauge, 12 at minimum.

Use the pump/swg in the coolest part of the day. Hot temps increase the voltage movement in the swg throwing a high salt error.

Check the electrodes and look for hair or other objects between the plates. Never scrape the plates with anything metal.

If the unit detects a drop in supplied power from the power supply, then it thinks there is too much salt in the system. If the salt is correct and the power coming in is sufficient, you should call intex and file a claim. They will send a new salt cell free of charge.

Ok! I ordered the salt test with my test kit so im assuming its the recommended one. I dont use an extension cord. Ill try the vineager. At what salt level would trigger that light to come on?

I have mine at 2800-2900 for the ECO5110 version and it works almost consistently but throws a code 92 once every few days. I usually unplug it and plug it back in a few minutes later and it works fine. I probably need to lower my salt level down to 2500-2600 to stop the issue completely.

Just for reference I had my salt tested at Leslies and they said it was at 2600. I tested it with the 1766 Taylor kit and hit 3400ppm. My strips said 3200ppm, but they're hit and miss. They could be from 200 off to 1000 or more off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah i have the taylor test. So i was thinking maybe it is my electrical cos i have to hit the reset button every time i run the filter so maybe it just didnt trip the reset on the SWG? So i just hit reset and started it again and the high salt error went away. If it was a defective machine or if the salt was really high wouldn't it run the error all the time, even when it is running??? So then it ran fine for about 20 minutes and then it gave me the low flow pump error. There were a couple tiny leave particles in the skimmer so idk if the thing is just that touchy? But i cleaned it- reset again and then got High salt error right away. I reset it one more time and now its been working fine for about an hour. Idk why this thing hates me so much!!!

Hi guys! Me again!!! So i have a question on draining this particular pool. I drained it through the filter but now that the water is below the return /output how do i drain the rest? Do i do it thru the drain on the bottom with a garden hose? Im fine doing that but then it looks like i have to go buy some adapter for it? Or is there another way i am missing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.