Bestway liner over intex prism liner

Jul 3, 2014
norwich
I just purchased a summer waves pool and decided the liner is nasty. It was translucent , a fraction thinner than Intex, gave off a really chemical smell and was full of gritty specks. I am going to return it.
Now I am torn between an intex prism and a Bestway steel pro max (new wood effect ) . Both have plastic t - joints. The intex has no pins and that worries me but I know the liner is OK ( always had Intex in the past ). Has anyone experienced problems with the new intex plastic joints ? or the bestway liner?
If anyone has owned either pool , I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I just purchased a summer waves pool and decided the liner is nasty. It was translucent , a fraction thinner than Intex, gave off a really chemical smell and was full of gritty specks. I am going to return it.
Now I am torn between an intex prism and a Bestway steel pro max (new wood effect ) . Both have plastic t - joints. The intex has no pins and that worries me but I know the liner is OK ( always had Intex in the past ). Has anyone experienced problems with the new intex plastic joints ? or the bestway liner?
If anyone has owned either pool , I'd love to hear your thoughts.
We have a Bestway Pool for 3 summers now and the beautiful liner pattern faded out, we did not have this issue with our summer waves pool or intex (intex had lighter colored liner, so that could have "hidden" fading). If you are buying a bestway based solely on color, we wouldn't recommend it. We also had several pin holes from a brand new liner (patched with gorilla tape which worked perfectly)

gilly, I just felt obligated to check in and reply since no one has given you any feedback yet. Trying to get this thread some visibility. :bump: Did you make a decision yet?
I bought an Intex prism instead. The liner is Just as thin ! ( but at least I have an old intex liner I can patch it with if necessary)
I am currently filling. I am having an issue with the band being too tight and pulling some of the legs inward. It's not too drastic so fingers crossed !

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.