Best way to re-connect a slide? *Pic included*

May 13, 2013
Bentonville, AR
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get some recommendations from you about the best way to reconnect a slide to our pool system. I'm thinking the ideal setup would be to tie it into the return line at the pump station and have some type of adjustable valve at the slide to open/close the line.

Anyways, please check out the pic below. As you can see, the slide has a line burried at the foot of the ladder but after following it I discovered it ENDS underneath that big boulder on the right. I can easily run a new line back to the pump station (hidden behind the lattice in the picture) but I'm stumped on how to tie it into the return.

I'm guessing I'd have to drain the return somehow, then drill into the 1 1/2" return and install some kind of fitting or junction? I'm sure there are psi-related factors I need to be considering. Oh and the line coming from the slide looks like 3/4" condouit...it's dark grey instead of white pvc.

This is our first summer to own a pool so we're learning as we go. Pool School has been a GREAT help but I haven't really found anything regarding slide connections!

Thanks for your input!!!

I just just a freshwater supply to my slide since you end up losing water with people climbing in and out all day anyway. Could you just hook a hose to the pipe under the rock?

What does your pad plumbing look like?

jblizzle said:
I just just a freshwater supply to my slide since you end up losing water with people climbing in and out all day anyway. Could you just hook a hose to the pipe under the rock?

What does your pad plumbing look like?

Yes in fact we've been connecting the garden hose to the fitting on the slide since the burried line currently has no threaded fitting (looks like it was hacksawed off by the PO).
If I go the freshwater route I have have to open the spicket just enoug so that I don't send too much water to the slide OR I'll have to add a valve at the slide to control the flow. I figure if If I'm going to the trouble of adding a valve at the slide, I'd just as well have it plumbed into the return which is closer than the freshwater spicket. This way I don't have to leave the back yard just to go turn on a spicket and then come back to the slide and adjust the flow.

Here's a pic of the platform. Yes it's a mess I know :(

You will just have to add a 3-way valve in the main return like and have one side go to the slide. Then you can use the 3-way to adjust the flow to the slide.

Or just put a T in the return line and add another ball valve to limit the flow the slide. You can reduce the pipe down to match whatever is currently under the rock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.