Best way to maintain some FC without SWG Cold Water Temp

Aug 4, 2015
Boston, MA
Hello TFP,

It is still in the high 50's in the Northeast tomorrow it should get up to close to 80 but the SWG is not effective just yet. I have one of those floaters in the pool with about 3 chlorine tabs. Any thoughts on best way for a few weeks to maintain some chlorine? I am thinking about putting a tab in each skimmer basket for now but I try to avoid that as its not good for the equipment but I used to do it all the time years ago probably not a good idea. Any thoughts? I could also pour I guess some shock in but I am trying to balance the pool right now TA and PH this week. FC is like 0.20 right now nothing in it hardly the shock since opening is getting swallowed up once in.

Thanks for any advice.

Non chlorine 'shock' is monosodium persulfate. It adds sulfates to your pool water, which is not good for metals or plaster, and it will mess up your CC testing for quite a while.
TFP does not recommend the use of MPS.
Also, no such thing as 'chlorine lock'. That is a pool store term.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.