Best way to integrate Jandy Variable Speed Pump, JEP, and old Aqualink RS6

Jun 15, 2013
Orlando, FL
Hello,

My pool guy just installed a new Jandy 2.7 HP variable speed pump, along with a JEP-R controller. When we discussed it I told him that it absolutely needed to be integrated into my older Aqualink RS6 which is not able to talk to a variable speed pump, and that I wanted him to just use the Remote Contact function because I only need two speeds, low for filtration, high for Spa. Unfortunately, he didn't do that. Instead he installed a JEP-R and programmed the timing into there and had no answer as to how they were to be integrated.

It feels like I'm on my own here to figure this out. The remote contact function looks like it just needs a complete circuit to activate the pump on the desired speed (1 to 4). I was thinking I'd just use a relay in the power center to close a contactor. Before I start buying random parts has anyone done it this way? I really don't want to spend $1,200 to upgrade my Aqualink.

Thanks!

The remote contact function looks like it just needs a complete circuit to activate the pump on the desired speed (1 to 4). I was thinking I'd just use a relay in the power center to close a contactor. Before I start buying random parts has anyone done it this way? I really don't want to spend $1,200 to upgrade my Aqualink.

I don't think you need any parts other then some wire if you have an open relay.

Set the pump default speed for your low speed filtration.

Wire Input1 and the common through an AUX relay to change to your high speed for the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.