Jesusfreak

Jun 5, 2019
Mesa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am going to be away for a week. I have been using strictly liquid bleach (10%) to maintain chlorine levels. I will be gone for a week, should I use pucks? I have a chlorinator. If so, what brand, store, do you recommend purchasing these from? Thank you

What is your current cya? If it’s within Recommended Levels a few pucks won’t raise cya too terribly much.
I usually raise fc to slam level for my cya w/ liquid chlorine & use a floater w/ a few pucks for a week away.
Here’s what each dissolved puck will do to your water.
6DD51C06-FC2B-4C14-9EE6-0321138B4B9D.png
Just get plain ones w/ no additives or “blue” stuff (they are usually the cheapest anyway) clorox active 99 or Wally World generic - 99% trichlor

Reactions: Jesusfreak
What is your CYA ppm, best rounded up in levels of 10, estimation from your self test?
Also what is your current water temp?
Any idea what your daily FC loss is recently?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
CYA was 30 a couple of days ago. I did not look at the water temperature, but I would guess in the mid 80’s. I’ll report back when I get test results. I have the kit. I shopped (2) Walmart’s today and they shelves were void of any pucks.

If u don’t find any you can guesstimate how much lc your would use while u are away & add that much right before u leave if it’s only gonna be a week or so. Otherwise you may need to have someone come by & add some lc mid week. Probably should check skimmers too. If u have a cover, using it should help w/ fc loss also.

I usually have my in-laws come check the mail,the skimmer, the house, & water the garden 🪴 about middle of the week when we’re away in the summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.