Best way to disable ozone injector (Venturi)?

ch3cooh

Nov 28, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Hi all,

I have already decided to disable my hot tub’s ozonator and disconnected its power supply. However, this hot tub’s circulation pump runs 24 hours a day and because of this, a constant stream of air bubbles still rises from the drain. I’d like to stop this bubbling in order to prevent pH from rising due to aeration.

On another forum, it was recommended that the entire injector/Venturi be removed from the 3/4” pipe and either be replaced with an inline coupling, or remove the entire run of pipe that used to contain the injector and replace it with a new single length of pipe.

My question is, is there a problem with simply plugging or putting a clamp on the end of the intake tube to the injector instead of the more involved plumbing job?

Thank you and… Happy new year!
Matteo

I just got around to doing this, as I wanted to do it with the tub drained. The injector is clamped to the existing tubing with ear clamps, which I’ll have to cut off to remove.

Is it okay that I use typical worm gear clamps that I can pick up anywhere as replacements? If there is a special type that would be better, I would need to order it.

Thank you again,
Matteo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.