Best Trichlor Tabs Without Extra Ingredients?

johig

Gold Supporter
May 23, 2019
Mission Viejo, Orange County, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Can anyone recommend specific brand(s) of 3" chlorine (trichlor) tablets that don't have unnecessary extra ingredients (such as zinc) in them?

I'm looking for something I can buy in a fairly small quantity (i.e., not the $100+ bucket) and would like to reduce my search to some trusted recommendations. My use of tabs will be temporary, really just to reduce the amount of liquid chlorine I need to deal with while my SWG is offline due to low water temperature. I ended the summer with CYA on the lower side so I have room to increase that without major problems. Also, my PH tends to rise constantly, so if the tabs lower my PH that's not a bad thing.

Any recommendations or notes on products to avoid would be much appreciated! Thanks,

I can get a 5 lb bucket of basic tablets at Lowes. They are Clorox brand -- just be sure they are NOT the XtraBlue ones. Just basic, 99% trichlor.

I can get a 5 lb bucket of basic tablets at Lowes. They are Clorox brand -- just be sure they are NOT the XtraBlue ones. Just basic, 99% trichlor.
Thanks, that's good to know. Sadly, while my local Lowe's carries those, the smallest size in stock is the 25 lb bucket. But it looks like I can find smaller sizes on Amazon.

Check Home Depot. I think their brand would be PoolTime.

Cost is normally about $25 for the 5 lb bucket. Lasts me several years as I use them when I leave in the summer to add acid to the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.