Best Suction-Side Pool Cleaners

I barely have anything on the bottom, I don't imagine there is much of anything stuck to the vertical walls. Vacuuming them just means wasted pump runtime (or less attention paid to the bottom, however you look at it). The Rebel head doesn't brush anything, so even if there was gunk stuck to the walls well enough not to fall off to the bottom, I don't know that a Rebel could do anything about it.

I brush my pool all the time. Well, OK, a lot of the time. Geez, honestly? Well, some of the time. Alright already, I give, I never brush my pool. But you'll never get me to admit it!

If my dental care were the same as my pool brushing care … I’d have dentures by age 13 …
happy oh yeah GIF by The Maury Show

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk
I'm trying to remember the steps. Turn pump off, then take hose off of both ends of the canister. Remove canister from pool, take top off and empty. Then reconnect to hoses and restart pump?

I don’t shut my pump off, I simply turn the diverter valve so that it’s 100% skimmer. Here’s the sequence -

Diverter valve to 100% skimmer
Detach hose from wall
Detach cleaner from canister (put hose end up on deck)
Pull canister and hose out of water - valiantly attempt to keep all the crud in the canister without it pouring back into the pool (success rate ~ 0.04%)
Open canister and throw out hair net
Hose out any debris/dirt in canister
Reassemble canister with new hair net
Reinstall canister to suction connection and cleaner hose end
Slowly open diverter to pull any air out of the canister and line
Reset diverter to appropriate split position (2/3 cleaner, 1/3 skimmer)

Towel off and apologize to everyone that witnessed my psychotic screaming and ranting, reassure all pets and small children that “daddy is ok and those words he used are not nice” … call counselor to discuss anger-management issues and more effective breathing techniques.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk and DanF
Dirk I think your pool is in some sort of bubble that prevents all foreign material from permeating in:p.
Must be. Based on the threads I read here, I'm quite sure I've been blessed with the cleanest outdoor pool ever. The pool is surrounded by at least 6' of concrete. The landscape designer (before I owned the house) was either a genius when it comes to designing around a pool, or just lucked out. Most of my trees are evergreen. And I've been replacing or adding plants that are pool friendly (a lot of succulents). I get the occasional dusting of flower pedals or bottle brushes, and a smattering of leaves depending on wind and season, but the skimmer gets most of all that and the Rebel gets any that stays in the pool long enough to sink. I really am fortunate in that regard.

If my dental care were the same as my pool brushing care … I’d have dentures by age 13 …
Not just me, then?

I tried to tell myself that it was very "zen" and calming to brush my pool. Like caring for some sort of Japanese rock garden.

Then I told myself it was good for me to get out of the house and get a little upper body workout.

Then I reminded myself that my goal all along was to extend the life and appearance of my beautiful pebble finish, so brushing was part of that.

Then I rolled over and finished my nap.

Reactions: iamtexmax
I used to have a pressure-side cleaner, but then had my plumbing reconfigured for a suction-side cleaner. So it is possible to switch, depending on how your pool is plumbed, but your pool builder or pool plumber would have already made that decision for you (if they didn't ask). Do you know which type of vac your plumbing supports? It'll be one or the other or possibly neither, if they assumed you were going to get a robot. So the first step is making sure you know which you're shopping for.

And you're kind'a hyjacking someone else's thread by asking your question at the tail end of theirs. Which will likely mean you won't get a lot of eyes on your post. Let's see if @Newdude wants to help you move your post to a new thread.
Oh, apologies, I am not familiar with forum rules or really how to navigate this site yet, thanks

Oh, apologies, I am not familiar with forum rules or really how to navigate this site yet, thanks
No worries, your thread was started for you:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.