jalapenopopper

Jul 21, 2020
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is there a "best" or largest capacity skimmer, or are they all the same? I see Hayward makes them, and there are some Venturi skimmers, is there a preference from one brand or type to another?

My pool will have a massive oak and pecan tree dropping about 2-3 yards of leaves in my backyard a year. I will likely cover it during the fall, but there will still be lots of debris and leaves throughout the year.

Is there a large canister or collector that I can plumb into my system? I have seen a photo from @trbvm back in 2015 of a canister that is next to the skimmer, I'm searching for something like this. If there was a trashcan sized leaf filter collector back at the equipment pad, that would be the deal, but I don't think that exists.

Thanks for any advice,

Paramount has debris canisters. I can't tell you which is best. And I think any of them will need to be cleaned out fairly frequently with big leaf drops.

Reactions: jalapenopopper
Thanks. This is what I’m looking for. Anyone have one of these canisters and do they work?

Seems like skimmers are fungible and I’ll get the biggest or one, unless there are better ones to buy.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.