Best setup for outdoor stereo system

Half the prize of Bose and sound is close (not better, but close).

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Party-Indoor-Outdoor-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00H5SFQ54

I like it for the most part. The cool thing to me is I can put it anywhere in the yard and hear it from all around since the speakers are on every side. Bass is decent. The downside is it doesn't get rock concert loud but when are you really going to turn it up that loud (unless you have really cool neighbors). If you do want really loud with wireless and bluetooth capability, people swear by this thing.

https://www.amazon.com/Aiwa-Exos-9-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KY08GPTZT6ZH1XPAHSY9

Get an old receiver from a garage sale or a new $99 Sherwood from Amazon. Buy a couple or few outdoor speakers. Buy as many "impedance matching volume controls" as you would like to control "zones." Buy an Amazon echo dot.

Use the impedance matching volume controls to balance the sound perfectly around your space. Use the Amazon echo to change volume and music while swimming. "Alexa, play my favorites on Spotify" "Alexa, volume up" "Alexa, pause"

Reactions: Teenwolf74
I have tried every configuration known to man. The best solution in my opinion is Pyle wall-mount waterproof bluetooth speakers:
Amazon.com: Pyle Pair of Wall Mount Waterproof Theater

here is why:

- two speakers allows you to position them for optimal stereo sound where you need it. You cannot get the same effect with single speaker systems unless you spend $$$- they don't "fill the space" like good old stereo
- built-in amp and bluetooth receiver- no need for extra modules
- no recharging, always plugged in and ready to use
- quality sound- no distortion at high volume
- good bluetooth range- up to 30 ft
- Every phone has bluetooth- while airplay is limited to iphones. In a pool party chances are someone with an android wants to DJ

Get an old receiver from a garage sale or a new $99 Sherwood from Amazon. Buy a couple or few outdoor speakers. Buy as many "impedance matching volume controls" as you would like to control "zones." Buy an Amazon echo dot.

Use the impedance matching volume controls to balance the sound perfectly around your space. Use the Amazon echo to change volume and music while swimming. "Alexa, play my favorites on Spotify" "Alexa, volume up" "Alexa, pause"

good setup except amazon echo is not waterproof. Gotta bring it indoors when it rains

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.